Friday, January 24, 2014

chocolate chip blueberry breakfast quinoa | pinterest test

Is breakfast a tough one in your house, too? It is in mine. Mostly, because it calls on me to provide for my children before consuming an entire pot of coffee.  I'm always trolling Pinterest to find simple breakfast recipes that are filling and add some variety to our usual scrambled eggs. I found this breakfast quinoa a few weeks ago. This is a go-to breakfast for us, now.  I was a little skeptical about blueberries and chocolate together, but I am now a believer.  I have to double the recipe from what How Sweet Eats shows to feed all fours of us.  I have also used just regular ol' butter and milk, too.  Almond milk is super great, too. Either way, give it a go! Chocolate chips make mornings better.
.....
Chocolate Chip Blueberry Breakfast Quinoa
1 C blueberries
1 1/2 cup + more for drizzling of milk, your choice
1 C quinoa, uncooked
1/2 C mini chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Generous pinch of salt
4 teaspoons vanilla (adjust if using flavored milk)
1 tablespoon coconut oil or butter
In saucepan, heat butter or oil.  Add dry quinoa and coat with oil or butter. Toast quinoa for a few minutes or until you smell it. Add milk, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, & simmer for 15 minutes. Just as you would if prepping plain quinoa. Fluff with fork. Divide into bowls, to with chocolate chips and blueberries, drizzle milk, and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment